Braun Series 9 (9330s) Shaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braun Series 9 (9330s) Shaver

I'm glad to be here to share my experiences. I picked up a Braun 9330s a couple of months ago after having used rotary shavers since I was 16 (I am 52 now). I didn't need the cleaning station. I liked rotaries because they could handle two or three days of beard growth without problems, something I've read foils struggle with. A friend of mine recommended the Braun 9 series and told me the Braun 9 can handle a few days of growth. He was right! Not only did it handle my three days of stubble, but it did so quickly. There was some slight redness and irritation for the first two weeks or so, but that dissipated as my technique improved. Rotaries require a much heavier hand than foils, and once I found that out, the redness and irritation were both gone. I can't say enough good about this model. If you ask me when I will go back to rotaries, the answer would be "Never!"

Thank you, Csaba, and welcome to Electric Razor Rap! You didn't mention any in your post, so I assume you didn't get cut while using the razor, correct? As I just mentioned in another post, I just shaved with my BaBylissPRO FOILFX02 and got cut under my chin.

Jim

Comment

Hi, Jim - I will reply to you in the BaBylissPRO FOILFX02 thread.

Comment

Csaba,

I may get a Braun Series 9 to try. I've tried the BaBylissPRO a few more times on my face, and I'm not really overly impressed. It misses quite a few hairs on my neck and under my chin. Great head shave, though. I think the problem is that these hairs lie flat so the foil just avoids them completely as I shave. Do you have flat-lying facial hair? If so, I assume by your glowing review that flat-lying hair isn't an issue with the 9 series.

Jim

Comment

Your assumption is correct, Sir! Flat-lying hair is not an issue whatsoever with the 9 series. Here is a screenshot from Braun's site. Have a look under "Lift & Cut trimmer."Click image for larger version  Name:	series9.PNG Views:	0 Size:	529.4 KB ID:	85

Comment

Working...
          X